Friday, August 21, 2009

Anna Exposed: Luxurious Lingerie

My first training bra was given to me by a friend in first grade. She was surprised I didn't have one. Coming from an old school Russian home, my mom just didn't think I needed one yet because she didn't get her first one until her early teens.

Through the years my underwear drawer expanded. I had the Monday through Sunday panties, which were never quite worn the right day of the week. My first thong was introduced to me by my sister, which I wore with reluctance until I grew to love them more than regular panties.

Even as I got older, underwear was always just an afterthought for me, something practical and necessary. Nudes and black, with the occasional striped Hanes panty thrown in. My friends felt it necessary to give me cute lacy underwear as gifts in order to save my pitiful underwear drawer.

(Anna, above left, and Eve, above right, at La Mode de France Fashion Show in NY)

When Eve invited me to go as her assistant to CURVE NY, the lingerie fashion EXPO in New York City, I said "yes", not really knowing what to expect. There entered a whole new world of lace, silk and beautiful garments that I didn't imagine before. Soft ivory colors, pinks, and lavenders, mixed with spunkier oranges and reds. Styles could be found for anyone: romantic, funky, casual, and Gothic. They had beautiful things for large breasted women and small breasted women, casual underwear and super sexy lingerie.

At the end of the second day and a fantastic French fashion show, I realized that a women's underwear isn't just for practical reasons, or for special occasions, it's a celebration of what a woman is; beautiful from the inside all the way out.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You sound like me I have a passion for my underwear collection and grew to love thongs at a very early age but it was my mom who introduced them to me.

Nicole said...

You sound like me I have a passion for my underwear collection and grew to love thongs at a very early age but it was my mom who introduced them to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin