Friday, January 30, 2009
- Love yourself regardless of your size, shape, or weight
- Know that each day is a new day. Your goals all start with one moment
- Know that your "flaws" make you unique and beautiful
- Wear lingerie that fits, is comfortable and makes you feel good
- Do it for you!
In the meantime, I found this fabulous Weight Watchers article about how to make a big difference in your body by making small changes.
Article By: Melissa Sperl
"Small changes can make a big difference in your weight-loss efforts. Here are some baby steps that will get you far.
Hey, slow down! Weight loss is no sprint, it's a marathon. So abruptly and drastically changing your routine is only going to leave you breathless and worn out. A more realistic approach to weight loss is to take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Little by little, it'll make a big difference.
Do sweat the small stuff. 'Making small changes one at a time is a great strategy,' agrees psychologist Howard Rankin, PhD, a author of "The TOPS Way to Weight Loss" (Hay House, 2005). 'It's not overwhelming, and it results in a slower, steadier weight loss.'
Think of it this way, maybe cutting the cream out of your coffee seems like a small feat to you. But once you've got that down you can add another small feat, then another.
So, we asked people just like you—on the WeightWatchers.com Message Boards and in meetings rooms—what small steps they've taken in order to make their way toward their weight goals. Here's what they had to say:
… About Small Eating Changes
- Water, water, water, water. (Your skin will look great, too!)
- Order half portions at restaurants, or share a full portion with somebody. Or ask for a "to-go" container when you order your food, and pack up half the portion before you even start eating
- Cut back on butter and mayo
- Limit fried foods to once or twice per week
- Use less or no sugar in your coffee or tea
- Replace ground beef with meatless products or ground turkey
- Try at least one new food every week. If you're bored with what you're eating, you're more likely to give up
- Eat fresh, raw veggies with sandwiches instead of chips
- Measure your portions until you're sure you know what a cup, a half-cup, and a tablespoon look like. This will help you practice portion control, an essential key to weight-loss success
- Try not to drink high-calorie beverages
- Dip your fork in a side of salad dressing before each bite instead of pouring it directly on your salad. You'll find that you are satisfied with much less than you usually put on.
- Find healthy alternatives to all your favorite foods
- If you don't really love it, don't eat it"
For the complete article, including Small Exercise Changes, click on 28 Small Changes.
Images on this page are from my favorite high quality athletic women's wear website, Athleta. The blue Island Wraptini (first top center image) is $59 and matching bikini bottoms are $44. The pink Riva Bra Cup Wraptini (image center) is $59 and matching bottoms are $49.
It's about making life long habitual changes. If you can only incorporate one or two small changes at first then add more changes later. Above all, do what feels right for you and helps you Celebrate Your Inner Eve!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
In 1987 in Australia, Peter Alexander sewed his first pair of pajamas on his Mother's dining room table...the rest is history. Within one year, he'd sold his line to every major department store in Australia. By 1996, an American buyer discovered his talent and introduced his line to the United States. Now, instead of being in stores throughout Australia, New Zealand and the United States, he has his own stores.
I enjoyed myself so much that I simply couldn't wait to announce Peter Alexander as a Boutique of the Month, so I wrote about the line in Lingerista Lifestyle: Cozy Chemises & Chocolate Peppermint Martinis. And, I know. Technically, Peter Alexander isn't a boutique, per say. But, it's such a lively, delightful store with fabuleux customer service that it deserves a bending of the rules.
Nightie night, my dear Lingeristas!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Enjoy, my dear Lingeristas!
Agent Provocateur Lingerie Show:
Moda Lingerie Video ~ Autumn 2005 - Winter 2006:
I had to include one of my all time favorite lingerie lines...I.D. Sarrieri!
I.D. Sarrieri Lingerie Fashion Show Video:
Friday, January 23, 2009
MAN STROKE WOMAN VIDEO:
If your partner potentially has a "Man Cold," like the actor in the "Man Stroke Woman" video above, try the following as a test to see just how sick he really is right now:
MAN COLD TEST
- Get out your sexiest lingerie (like the bra and panty sets below recently released by Lake & Stars ~ found at Faire Frou Frou)
- Walk around the house nonchalantly in your sassy intimates
- Bend over in front of him...
- Does he blankly stare off into space? Is he completely oblivious to you? Does he struggle to moan incoherently? If so, he's really sick
- If he talks, feebly tries to coerce you over to him or grunts in a way that illicites "Come hither," then your husband or boyfriend has a man cold
If he has a "Man Cold"...STOP what you're doing. I repeat STOP. You need to think clearly. Do the following steps, in this order:
- Get dressed. Keep on your luxurious lingerie beneath your clothes
- Give him some soup AND the t.v. remote
- Go out for drinks with your girlfriends
You've earned it!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- 2 parts ~ style and classic elegance
- 1 part ~ choosing a designer who reflects your personal style and world outlook
- 3 parts ~ convertible lingerie that makes you feel confident, comfortable, and coquettish
The first two ingredients are up to you. To get the lingerie right with Michelle's one-shoulder dress, choose a convertible bra that allows you to play with the straps and bring it across your body. A convertible bra will ensure that your breasts stays put and you'll look flawless all night. It will also keep your bra from migrating down to your waist. That is always a bonus!
For a simple convertible bra solution, Eve's Apples loves the Natori Memory Foam Bump Convertible Underwire Bra (black bra image above center) for $54 in black or cafe and pairing it with the sexy Natori Sheer Femme Hipster for $18 in black, cafe or black coffee.
For something a bit more romantic and lacy, Eve's Apples adores the silver lingerie set by Blush (image above center). The Blush Precious Charm Convertible Bra is $32 and matching Precious Charm Thong is $16.
Here's to looking as fabulous as the new First Lady and to Celebrating Your Inner Eve!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Enjoy, my dear Lingeristas!
La Perla Lingerie Show Fall / Winter 2008 Video:
Passionata: International Lingerie Show 2007: Part 3 Video
Image (above center) is from the Passionata video.
Friday, January 16, 2009
It appears that the Mrs. is now on board with her famous husband, David Beckham, and Armani lingerie too!
Remember all of those tantalizing photos of David Beckham in Armani clad undies last year? If not, click on Eve's Apples Beckham in Briefs.
Thanks to the Denver Post for telling us that "Victoria Beckham has signed a $15 million deal to pose in designer Giorgio Armani lingerie, London's Daily Mail reports.
The 34-year-old mother of three has complained in the past that she looks "really awful naked."
But a confident-appearing Beckham posed in a polk-dot bra and thong set sprawled on the carpet of a dark hotel room in the film-noir-style shoot.
'There are loads of things I don't like about my body', she previously said. 'I've got so much saggy skin on my stomach.'
The pictures of Victoria, which will grace billboards and magazines, are from her first shoot in the three-year deal.
Victoria follows in the footsteps of her soccer superstar husband David, 33, who posed in his underwear."
Natori chemises are some of my favorites! I always look forward to see what new ones come out each season. The images below are some of the luscious lingerie in the Natori line. The Sonia Chemise (left) is $160 and the Negligee Lace Chemise (right) is $220. Both can be purchased at the Natori website.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
"Coco de Mer was the first company to revive the great traditions of Salons, which dates back to the Eighteenth Century, where social gatherings in the 'grande salons' of private residences were fuelled by intellectual debate,music and debauchery. Our salons stimulate discussion and provide hours of unrivalled entertainment, education and enjoyment. We believe them to be the very essence of our company."
Information on upcoming salons is as follows:
Joystick Salon with Midori:
Tuesday, January 20th 2009
7 - 9 p.m.
The Art of Restraint with Mistress Absolute:
Thursday, February 12th, 2009
7 - 9pm
For more information, click on Coco de Mer Salons.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Vodkatini soft triangle bikini top
This Freya bikini top has light foam lined triangle cups with side boning and a wide under bust band for support. Thick bands of contrasting color create a retro feel and the left halter strap has a branded plastic link. The back has a clasp fastening.
Up to 70% off at BeCheeky!
Kaleidoscope Underwired Halter Tie Side Bikini by Jolidon (image above left), exclusive to BeCheeky, is on sale for $39.34.
For more information, click on Kaleidoscope Side Bikini.
Petite Coquette was fabulous enough to post this about French Lingerie Sales:
French lingerie sales are launched!
- Sales at Les Dentelles d'Alice: Aubade, Barbara, Chantelle, Empreinte, Gerbe, Lise Charmel
- Sales at Orcanta: Anita, Armor Lux, Aubade, Chantal Thomass, Chantelle, Hom, Huit, Kenzo, Lejaby, Lise Charmel, Morgan, Orcanta, Passionata, Simone Pérèle, Yoba
- Sales at Lolie Belle: Axfords, Barbara, Cervin, Eva Rachline, Gerbe, Gio, Huit, Kiss Me Deadly, Lolaluna, Lulu and Lush, Luxxa, Millesia, Ravage, What Katie Did
- Sales at Yoox: Argentovivo, Bacirubati, Dior, Christies, Cosabella, Dolce & Gabbana, Fichissima, Jesus Fernandez, Julianne, Naory, Occhi Verdi, Ritratti, Roberto Cavalli, Wolford And many beautiful things to complete the wardrobe
- Sales at LRG: Aubade, Barbara, Chantal Thomass, Chantelle, Finebelle, Freya, Hom, Implicite, Lejaby, Lise Charmelle, Lou, Lovely, Marjolaine, Passionata, Primadonna, Rasurel, Simone Pérèle, Udy, Valisère
- Sales at Dessus Dessous: Antigel, Antinéa, Aubade, Barbara, Canat, Chantelle, Elixir, Empreinte, Felina, Hanro, Le Bourget, Lejaby, Lise Charmel, Love Me, Marjolaine, Millesia, Oscalito, Rasurel, Ravage
- Sales at Bien Fée Pour Toi: Bien Fée Pour Toi
- Sales at GlamOutlet: Grigioperla, La Perla, La Perla Black Label, Malizia, Marvel
- Sales at So Sensuelle: Aubade, Cotton Club, Huit, Lejaby, Marie Jo Haute Couture, Marie Jo l'Aventure, PrimaDonna, Princesse Tam Tam
International Sales at:
- Sales at Myla
- Sales at Mio Destino
- Sales at Agent Provocateur
- Sales at Liaison Dangereuse
- Sales at Coco de Mer
- Sales at Faire Frou Frou
- Sales at Glamorous Amorous
- Sales at Nancy Meyer
- Sales at Silk Storm
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Thank you to everyone who entered our Eve's Apples Red Hot Lingerie Contest sponsored by The Little Bra Company! I love reading all of your comments...the success stories...the poems...oh, how I loved the poems! If it were up to me, I'd love to send all of you lingerie! Alas, I can only choose one...so...
...Check your emails to see if you've won! The winner will receive a free red Lucia bra and matching lace boyshort panty by The Little Bra Company. Ggggrrrrr----!
If you didn't win and you're petite, click on The Little Bra Company to see how you can make the most of your cleavage and celebrate that "good things do come in small packages."
I hope all of you had a good holiday season and are enjoying the New Year! If you liked the December contest, click on our Eve's Apples January Contest, the Priceless "Posie" Panty Contest.
Celebrate Your Inner Eve, my dear ones!
Monday, January 5, 2009
I will do one Eve's Apples Lingerista Resolution for each month of 2009 until I've reached 12 Resolutions by December. They are as follows:
- I will throw away any granny panties
- I will get measured properly! I will go to either Nordstrom, Rigby & Peller, or a boutique that specializes in fittings (not a mall chain) to get measured and ensure my measurement is correct
- I will discover if my breast shape affects my bra size
- I will wear lingerie for me
- I will see which lingerie makes me feel good, any item that doesn't will immediately get thrown away. Any bras that are gently worn will be donated friends, family, Goodwill, the Salvation Army or sent to Gigi's Closet Bra Drive in the US or Breast Appeal in the UK
- I will invest in good, high quality lingerie that will last me a long while--no more disposable, cheap lingerie
- I will find out how my moods are affected by the lingerie color that I wear
- I will buy one nice chemise or lingerie set that makes me feel like a queen and wear it "just because"
- I will accept my body
- I will acknowledge that my body is perfect in all of its unique and glorious "imperfections"
- I will wear matching lingerie (bras and panties) everyday--no matter who sees it
- I will be adventuresome and try a new style of panties that has scared me in the past
Above all, throughout 2009, I will Celebrate My Inner Eve!Pond of Eve (image top center) by Lineca
Friday, January 2, 2009
What makes this fun, delicate Pansy Silk Panty a necessity and a timeless piece of lingerie?
To Enter: Tell us why Hopeless Handmade Lingerie's Pansy Silk Panty is a timeless piece of lingerie! We want to know! Leave your comment after this post. The best comment wins!
Prize: The Pansy Silk Panty (size Small, Medium or Large).
Deadline: February 1, 2009 (5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time)
Important: Please be sure that we can either link back to you or that you send Eve's Apples your e-mail address (we don't sell it or pass it along). We notify the winner directly.
Also, please note that this contest is for the panty only and excludes the additional lingerie in the image above.
* If you win, be sure to consult their size chart to ensure you order the correct size.
ABOUT HOPELESS HANDMADE LINGERIE
Hopeless Handmade Lingerie "make(s) luxurious sleepwear and lingerie for women who love vintage styling and meticulously constructed garments. Much of the sewing is hand-finished, using techniques to ensure the longevity of each piece. All items are made to order." HHL does custom requests too!
For more information on HHL or how to purchase the gorgeous Posie lingerie line, click on Hopeless Handmade Lingerie or go to the links below:Best wishes on this contest, Lingeristas! This is one prize you'll be celebrating for years to come!