- Love yourself regardless of your size, shape, or weight
- Know that each day is a new day. Your goals all start with one moment
- Know that your "flaws" make you unique and beautiful
- Wear lingerie that fits, is comfortable and makes you feel good
- Do it for you!
In the meantime, I found this fabulous Weight Watchers article about how to make a big difference in your body by making small changes.
Article By: Melissa Sperl
"Small changes can make a big difference in your weight-loss efforts. Here are some baby steps that will get you far.
Hey, slow down! Weight loss is no sprint, it's a marathon. So abruptly and drastically changing your routine is only going to leave you breathless and worn out. A more realistic approach to weight loss is to take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Little by little, it'll make a big difference.
Do sweat the small stuff. 'Making small changes one at a time is a great strategy,' agrees psychologist Howard Rankin, PhD, a author of "The TOPS Way to Weight Loss" (Hay House, 2005). 'It's not overwhelming, and it results in a slower, steadier weight loss.'
Think of it this way, maybe cutting the cream out of your coffee seems like a small feat to you. But once you've got that down you can add another small feat, then another.
So, we asked people just like you—on the WeightWatchers.com Message Boards and in meetings rooms—what small steps they've taken in order to make their way toward their weight goals. Here's what they had to say:
… About Small Eating Changes
- Water, water, water, water. (Your skin will look great, too!)
- Order half portions at restaurants, or share a full portion with somebody. Or ask for a "to-go" container when you order your food, and pack up half the portion before you even start eating
- Cut back on butter and mayo
- Limit fried foods to once or twice per week
- Use less or no sugar in your coffee or tea
- Replace ground beef with meatless products or ground turkey
- Try at least one new food every week. If you're bored with what you're eating, you're more likely to give up
- Eat fresh, raw veggies with sandwiches instead of chips
- Measure your portions until you're sure you know what a cup, a half-cup, and a tablespoon look like. This will help you practice portion control, an essential key to weight-loss success
- Try not to drink high-calorie beverages
- Dip your fork in a side of salad dressing before each bite instead of pouring it directly on your salad. You'll find that you are satisfied with much less than you usually put on.
- Find healthy alternatives to all your favorite foods
- If you don't really love it, don't eat it"
For the complete article, including Small Exercise Changes, click on 28 Small Changes.
Images on this page are from my favorite high quality athletic women's wear website, Athleta. The blue Island Wraptini (first top center image) is $59 and matching bikini bottoms are $44. The pink Riva Bra Cup Wraptini (image center) is $59 and matching bottoms are $49.
It's about making life long habitual changes. If you can only incorporate one or two small changes at first then add more changes later. Above all, do what feels right for you and helps you Celebrate Your Inner Eve!