Saturday, November 28, 2009

Eve's Apples Celebrates Two Years!


As many of you know, Eve's Apples is celebrating our "Two Year Anniversary" today. Two years ago, our first blog posted, fueled by Eve's love of luxurious lingerie. It's been a wonderful time, meeting new people, discovering designers, interviewing lingerie entrepreneurs, and so much more. Now, we're on the verge of launching our new online lingerie boutique. As always, we continue to be dedicated to bringing you, our dear lingeristas, gorgeous lingerie to help you look and feel your best.

In honor of our Two Year Anniversary, we are reposting one of our favorite, most talked about blogs, "Priceless Panties: Mood Lingerie." After all, this is where the inspiration all began.

Enjoy! We look forward to many more years with you!

xo

~ Eve


PRICELESS PANTIES: MOOD LINGERIE

An old boyfriend once told me that nothing is more attractive on a woman than confidence. I say, "Nothing is more attractive than a confident woman in luxurious lingerie."

For me, wearing a beautiful matching bra and panty set in a sumptuous fabric against my skin makes me feel sexy any day. It's never mattered to me whether or not my boyfriends ever knew that I was wearing special lingerie or not, or even if my husband does now. What has mattered all along is that I've known!

The right kind of lingerie will set me up for the day. If there's a day where I feel like hell warmed over, I'll look though my precious, color-coded lingerie drawers only to find my mood lifting. Once I slip the silk over my body, the decision is made. Today is going to be good!

Over the years, I've noticed, that I tend to gravitate towards certain colors and sets based upon my moods. The following is what I've found according to my mood:

Bra Color & Mood

• white = fresh, new beginnings
• black = meow, confident, nothings getting past me today
• red = sexy vixen, sassy, watch out
• pink = sweet, loving, tender, kind
• blue = calm, mellow, steady
• green = grounding
• brown = stylish, serious
• orange = artistic, creative
• flower print = girlie
• stripes = fun-loving, sporty

How I feel about lingerie reminds me of the time I tried on a $250,000 necklace at Tiffany's. The ladies with me were encouraging me to try on the necklace. I thought, "Why? I don't even like diamonds." I begrudgingly tried it on, only to be shocked at how such a small, delicately crafted piece could immediately alter my mood.

Once it was on my neck, I felt it...the feeling can only be described as a symbiotic blend of craftsmanship, beauty, and elegance. And I hadn't even I looked in the mirror yet. I can still feel the light, countless karats effortlessly draping over my collar bone and the polished metal gliding over my skin. It was as if the necklace were made just for me. And when I saw it on myself...well, I don't have to say anymore. It was a priceless experience. In that moment, I finally knew why they say, "Diamonds are a girls best friend."

The right lingerie can have the same mood altering affect. Although, for a lot less money. Whew! Lingerie can make me feel as if this beautiful creation were made just for me. It can enhance parts of my body that I never knew could look like that! What it does for my confidence, even if I'm the only one who knows it, is priceless!


("Thankful" photo {image top} is courtesy of Heather Bullard. Also thanks to Iffer's Little Nest for posting the photo.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin