Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks, Lingerista~style

As I was walking away from the pool yesterday, I saw the cutest elderly couple walking arm and arm. It reminded me that the simplest of actions and moments can be the most profound. I was taken aback for a moment, as I realized that them walking arm and arm was probably something that they'd done together for decades. I had to say something to them, they were really too cute for words. They simply laughed and blushed that I thought they were so adorable.

(Photo of my grandparents who were married on Thanksgiving)

For me, there was something more in seeing them. There was a beauty in seeing them, in their elderly state. Gone was their youthful sex appeal, and instead there was a radiance that came from a deeper love.

Instantly, I was grateful to see a love that was such a comfort for them.
Their initial fire and attraction was replaced with a slow, consistent burn that kept took them through decades of life together. I was thankful to watch them, still "in love," walking arm in arm. I pass my moment along to all of you for Thanksgiving. My wish for all of you is to have love on Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

XO,

~ Eve

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin