In the January 2009 issue of Glamour, there is a countdown of The 9 Best One-Liners of All Time. Here are some of our favorites from the list:
- "Well behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- "Old age is no place for sissies." ~ Bette Davis
- "The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself." ~ Rita Mae Brown
- "If you can't say something good about someone, come, sit right here by me." ~ Alice Roosevelt Longworth
- "General notions are generally wrong." ~ Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
- "Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone." ~ Attributed to Dorothy Parker
Image (right) is of Bette Davis, 1932.