Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Boutique of the Month: January ~ A Tropical Affair

How much do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

I love A Tropical Affair from the depth and breath and height my soul can reach! And let me tell you why...

Situated one block east of State Street in Santa Barbara, A Tropical Affair is a darling store filled with tempting high-end lingerie separated between the naughty and nice side of the store. Both sides are tasteful so the division between sides flows seamlessly. Honestly, all of it's nice!

Customer Service: Alison and Christine, sales reps, were there when I stopped by. We chatted about various lingerie, fit, new items, and they gave me their recommendations. It was a joy being in this store--visually and socially. Alison also recommended that I wear my new Jezebel tutu panties while playing Guitar Hero III, for full effect...undoubtedly a blog will arrive on that shortly.

Store: Delightful. It's a great combination of feeling like you're at the beach mixed with classic feminine elegance. It was easy to shop and merchandised very well. I look forward to when I have more than a half hour to go through all the great lingerie treats in the store.

Website: They're currently updating their website. If you go to: http://www.atropicalaffair.com/ then you can submit your e-mail and they will notify you when their website is complete in February.

Brands: Many divine brands, from high-end to the more affordable Mary Green line. They also have hard-to-find lingerie, in the states, such as Mimi Holiday and just started carrying Badgley Mischka. Below are only a few of brands at the store:
  • Badgley Mischka

  • Dolce & Gabbana

  • Hanky Panky

  • La Perla
  • Jonquil

Overall: Great Experience. Just what I want out of a boutique--fabulous lingerie and customer service. The lingerie quality and variety along with great customer service is what defines a boutique from a regular department store. A Tropical Affair makes me want to go back for another tete-a-tete and have a lingerie shopping spree.

They're definitely doing lingerie right!

A Tropical Affair • 12 East Cota Street • Santa Barbara CA 93101 • http://www.atropicalaffair.com/ • 805.730.1625

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin