If I were to live by one person's views, based upon the Coco Chanel's quotes below, I may just want to slip into her life to see the world the way that she saw it.
Below are what make Coco Chanel not only a modern day fashionist, but also a Lingerista. Here are her "Cocoisms:"
- “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone "
- "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous”
- The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!”
- Fashion fades, only style remains the same"
- “Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it’s not luxury”
- "I consider lace to be one of the prettiest imitations ever made of the fantasy of nature; lace always evokes for me those incomparable designs which the branches and leaves of trees embroider across the sky, and I do not think that any invention of the human spirit could have a more graceful or precise origin" (quote thanks to Faire Frou Frou)
Coco Chanel, born Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, is an icon in the fashion world. From humble beginnings and tempting a career as a singer, she would face many struggles before becoming one of the most inspirational fashion designers of all time. By the age of 21, she had opened her own boutique in Paris and the rest is history. Coco designs and views are still relevant today, inspiring furture generations of fashionistas and lingeristas!Thanks to Decolish Decolish for the caricature image (above).
Click on Coco Chanel Film to read about it and waitch the movie trailer.
May we all savor life along with its beauty and elegance as much as Coco Chanel! Don't wait, "Celebrate Today!"
Here's to tiping my lacy hat at Coco!