Just when you thought it was safe to wear panties to work...
Kim Walker, 37, a nurse at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, went into severe anaphylactic shock from her new Granny Panties. After her throat closed, she was given a shot of adrenalin that may have saved her life. Her allergic reaction to the fabric is considered similar to a peanut allergy.
Honestly, this is not a scene out of "Bridget Jones' Diary." It may be a bit sensational, but there is a lesson to be learned. Read the lingerie label.
Many times people forget that our skin is the biggest organ on our bodies. If you have an allergy to something and it's put next to your skin, chances are you will have an adverse reaction.
Thank you to Blog Leaves for letting us know about this post. Click on These Knickers are Killing Me for the complete article.
If you have sensitive skin, you may want to consider material made of organic cotton, natural fibers or talk with a boutique about recommended material for your skin. There are also several lingerie companies popping up that are using eco-friendly materials and Greenleaves is the eco online option for Figleaves.com. You may have to pay a bit more, but it'll be less expensive than a hospital visit and a shot of adrenalin.
If you're having an allergic reaction to your lingerie, immediately
- Take them off
- Take an anti-histamine
- If that doesn't work, get to a hospital or call 911
If you're having an allergic reaction to granny panties,
- Do the above steps
- Burn the panties
- Ban Granny Panties forever and only wear panties that make you feel like a saucy minx
As far as I'm concerned, the material was a catalyst that freed poor Kim Walker from a life of scary Granny Panties. But you know me. I'm on a mission to rid the world of uncomfortable, hideous, World War II inspired panties and have every woman Celebrate Her Inner Eve!
My dear Lingeristas, that is why I say, "Down with Granny Panties!"