Fitness doesn't have an agenda. Whether you're scrambling to turn the alarm clock off in the A.M. or dying to crawl into bed at night, you have time to sneak in a little exercise! Remember that confidence-thing we talked about? What better place to boost your confidence (and libido) than right in bed?
Exercising in bed can be just as beneficial to you as if you were to exercise in a gym; the unstable surface of the mattress provides core strength and stability (similar to a BOSU or balance discs) and body-weight exercises are all fitness professionals talk about!
(Before beginning this or any exercise program, please consult with your doctor)
1. Morning Bridge. Lie on your back, knees bent, and arms by your side. Lift your heals into the bed as your hips press towards the ceiling. Squeeze tight! Slowly lower back down and repeat 20 times.
2. Pillow Push-ups. Place 2 pillows side-by-side on the bed. Making sure your arms are right underneath your shoulders, place your hands on each pillow (you'll be slightly off-balance and that's what we want!) and lift into a plank position on knees or toes. Complete as many push-ups as you can (with good form) for 30 seconds.
3. Mountain Climbers. From the push-up position, alternate one knee into your chest, for 30 seconds.
4. Crab Dips. Sit on your bum and place your arms behind you, fingertips facing front. Lift your hips up so that you're in a tabletop position. Bend your elbows straight behind you, letting your bum hover over the bedspread, then press straight up. Repeat 15 times.
5. Super(wo)mans.Lie on your stomach, arms straight overhead and legs straight behind you. Lift your upper body then lower body and hold for a couple of breaths, squeezing everything. Slowly lower and repeat 10 times.
6. Bed Squats. Time to get up! Swing your legs around so your feet are resting on the floor; toes, knees, hips, and shoulders facing front. Press through your heals and come to standing, squeezing hips forward. Slowly lower back down to the bed and repeat 20 times.