Monday, December 3, 2007

Priceless Panties: Mood Lingerie

An old boyfriend once told me that nothing is more attractive on a woman than confidence. I say, "Nothing is more attractive than a confident woman in luxurious lingerie."

For me, wearing a beautiful matching bra and panty set in a sumptuous fabric against my skin makes me feel sexy any day. It's never mattered to me whether or not my boyfriends ever knew that I was wearing special lingerie or not, or even if my husband does now. What has mattered all along is that I've known!

The right kind of lingerie will set me up for the day. If there's a day where I feel like hell warmed over, I'll look though my precious, color-coded lingerie drawers only to find my mood lifting. Once I slip the silk over my body, the decision is made. Today is going to be good!

Over the years, I've noticed, that I tend to gravitate towards certain colors and sets based upon my moods. The following is what I've found according to my mood:

Bra Color & Mood
  • white = fresh, new beginnings
  • black = meow, confident, nothings getting past me today
  • red = sexy vixen, sassy, watch out
  • pink = sweet, loving, tender, kind
  • blue = calm, mellow, steady
  • green = grounding
  • brown = stylish, serious
  • orange = artistic, creative
  • flower print = girlie
  • stripes = fun-loving, sporty

How I feel about lingerie reminds me of the time I tried on a $250,000 necklace at Tiffany's. The ladies with me were encouraging me to try on the necklace. I thought, "Why? I don't even like diamonds." I begrudgingly tried it on, only to be shocked at how such a small, delicately crafted piece could immediately alter my mood.

Once it was on my neck, I felt it...the feeling can only be described as a symbiotic blend of craftsmanship, beauty, and elegance. And I hadn't even I looked in the mirror yet. I can still feel the light, countless karats effortlessly draping over my collar bone and the polished metal gliding over my skin. It was as if the necklace were made just for me. And when I saw it on myself...well, I don't have to say anymore. It was a priceless experience. In that moment, I finally knew why they say, "Diamonds are a girls best friend."

The right lingerie can have the same mood altering affect. Although, for a lot less money. Whew! Lingerie can make me feel as if this beautiful creation were made just for me. It can enhance parts of my body that I never knew could look like that! What it does for my confidence, even if I'm the only one who knows it, is priceless!

What can you do to have your own mood altering experience with lingerie?

Take Inventory

Start taking notice of which lingerie you gravitate to throughout the month. See if there is any specific lingerie that you wear when you're feeling happy, sassy, or romantic. How do you feel when the lingerie is next to your skin? Is there any lingerie that makes you feel bad?

Does it remind you of an unhappy time with an old lover? A bad point in your life? When you were a weight that you didn't like? If so, GET RID OF IT! You should only wear lingerie that makes you feel good about yourself! Wearing lingerie that makes you feel bad is the kiss of death. Lingerie is the closest thing next to your skin. The lingerie that you wear will affect how you feel and how present yourself to the world.

If you don't have one set of matching lingerie that makes you feel good, then set some money aside and buy at least one set (matching bra and panty) just to try it out. The following are some good places to look for your lingerie:

Boutiques $$-$$$$

Don't let the word "boutique" scare you. They will carry couture, high quality and one-of-a-kind lingerie, and prices may vary from middle-of-the-road to high end. Check out boutique sales (such as the ones listed above). I recently bought a gorgeous bra and panty set (around $400) at the end of the season for 50% off. Although, I usually spend much less on my sets. Some of my favorite boutiques are:

*for boutiques in your area, do a google or yahoo search

Order Online $-$$$$

There are some amazing websites with a large variety of designers, quality and style. Below are some of my favorites:

* If you order online, make sure that you have your measurements and you check them with each bra you order. Every designer will cut the bra differently

Department Stores $$-$$$$

They will carry a large variety of bras and panties in a wide range of styles and sizes. Some of the higher end department stores will carry the higher quality brands like LePerla and Cosabella.
Some department stores that I prefer are:

  • Nordstroms
  • Neiman Marcus
  • Saks Fifth Avenue
  • Macy's

Check for end-of-the-season sales, you can get your most expensive brand names for a discounted rate. End-of-the-season sales usually run in July-August and January.

Discount Store $-$$

If you're a bargain hunter, then you can get European and Domestic lingerie for 40-60% off the retail price. Know that these stores are limited when you try to match bra and panty sets. You can find them, but you will have to rummage.

Just the other day, I found a Galliano bra for $6. Guess what? No panties. If you are a 34B-36C, then you have a good chance at finding a matching set, otherwise, it's a size crap shoot. Some of my favorite discount stores are:

  • TJMaxx
  • Marshalls
  • Century 21 (in New York)

Once you get your special set of lingerie, you'll be amazed how such a small piece of clothing can lift your spirits. As my version of that infamous commercial goes...

  • Bra - $48
  • Expensive Diamond Necklace - $250,000
  • The Way Luxurious Lingerie Makes Me Feel - PRICELESS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank Ibiza writes:
Subject: A fresh perspective...

Interesting article.. very enjoyable.. I always though that the most attractive thing on a woman was the hip to waist ratio, clear skin, shiny hair and bright eyes...

Comment provided December 13, 2007 at 10:43 am

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin